With elements designed for the original Andrew Mellon estate by the renowned Olmsted Brothers, the Chatham University Shadyside campus is one of the most idyllic locations in the City of Pittsburgh. Located on a campus founded back in 1869, Chatham’s 39-acre campus today encompasses a 32-acre arboretum featuring 115 different varieties of species, including Japanese Flowering Crabapple, River Birch and Kentucky coffeetree. The Arboretum provides an outdoor classroom, as well, an inviting place to stroll and to meditate. The Chatham University Arboretum is a proud member of the American Public Garden Association (APGA).
Monday thru Friday: 9:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday and Sunday: 9:00am to 5:00pm
Free and open to the public.
- Motor coach parking available — Please contact prior to visit
- Food services are available
- Guided tours are available — Please contact prior to visit
- Universal parking spaces
- Universal and transgender restroom facilities available
- Assistive devices/accommodations for hearing and vision impaired are available— Please contact prior to visit
1 Woodland Rd.
Pittsburgh, PA, 15232